Analysis of the training load by goTeam! Sports.
Training load according to volume and intensity.
We are going to divide the training load into two fundamental parameters that we must control when planning. These parameters are volume and intensity.
The volume will be determined by the training time. It will be determined by everything that happens from the moment the players step on the pitch until they leave it. The types of actions that can make the volume vary are: tasks, macro-pauses, time used on explanations from the coach, recoveries between series, hydration breaks, etc.
From here, each training session will have a volume , and with the sum of all the volumes of the sessions during a microcycle, we will gain the total volume of the microcycle.
The value of the parameter of intensity on the training load will be gained as follows:
- We have analysed all the tasks by the levels of both internal fatigue (heart rate, lactate, muscle damage due to the type of muscle contraction, level of fatigue due to the type of endurance, strength, etc.), and by the efforts determined by the external load (meters, accelerations, sprints, breaks, meters at high intensity, etc.). Therefore, that we have assigned a value from 1-10 to each task.
- From 1 being the lowest value and 10 the highest intensity. For this, we will also take into account the level of specificity of the exercise within each basic capacity. Being higher the closer it gets to the competition, due to the level of psychological load that this entails.
- For us, the maximum value of the training load is produced by a competitive match. There is no other load that can be compared to it. From here, we will decrease the load index as the specificity index decreases.
- We are going to multiply this value by the time of the game, and this will give us a result that will stablish the level of intensity of the task.
- When we have all the exercises of the session, we will make the sum, resulting in the total intensity of the session.
- For us, the matches are the maximum load, and we are going to give them the value of 10.
We would increase from 90 to 90 up to 900 which would be equivalent to the total of a competitive match. This would have a value of 10.
The sum of the intensity of all the exercises in a session will give us a result that will be within the training load. To each session, we will assign a level.
This is an example of a collective training session according to the parameters that we have explained, execution task “They Y”:
6 minutes x 3 intensity = 18 load index
We must know that all the sessions that are in an index 5-6 (up to 540 points) will have an adequate level of intensity. When it is lower, we must see the volume of the session, if it is less than 90 the session will be low on intensity.
If the session exceeds the 5-6 index, it is higher than 550 points, we must know that this session will be quite intense.
Next we are going to explain how we can distribute the load index in the different tasks. In each type of task the index can vary by the number of players, space and time. It will be low when there are less players used, as this will take up less space and take less time to complete the task.
On goTeam! Sports you can design your own training sessions with these tips, or if you prefer to start, use resources designed and developed by professional coaches in the sector.
Want to stay on top of professional tips and resources for managing your team? Follow us on our social networks: